Thursday 14 May 2009

Bellowhead and Winter Dreamscapes

Photographer Jenny Zarins, whose works I mentioned in my blog previously, has done a couple of beautifully poetic short films for Toast, in collaboration with some wonderful musicians and filmmakers. I really love this little mood movie shot on location in Slovakia and Hungary (I have always been more attracted to mountains than sea), with music specially composed and performed by Bellowhead member Sam Sweeney.

P.S. Zephyr and Blue, filmed in north-western Crete during Toast's spring/summer 2009 photo shoot, is another enchanting marriage of Jenny Zarins's images, Arvid Eriksson's editing, and Joe Zeitlin's cello.

2 comments:

lune_blanc said...

Both films are so beautiful, but I like the mountain version better too. The music is so excellent, perfect match with the images.
I bookmarked the page :)

Poesis said...

Isn't the music by Sam Sweeney simply fantastic?! I loved it immediately upon hearing it, and thought I had to share at some point (I hope it stays on Toast's website forever!). I had this feeling that you'd like it too. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...