Saturday 9 May 2009

Across the Andes - Jenny Zarins

One of the loveliest everyday pleasures for me, is to receive Toast's catalogues in the post and embark on a photographic journey with Jenny Zarins. Photographer Jenny Zarins has a great eye for the poetry and aesthetics of nature, and she never fails to convey this love and fine appreciation successfully in her works for Toast. I have collected a whole stack (getting on to twenty!) of catalogues simply because I like her approach and style so much, and I must admit that I have on occasion ordered items from Toast as a result of her romantic images, only to return them later as the real things did not exactly live up to their photographic counterparts.

I also love the way she captures the play of light and shade, the immediacy of exquisite human emotions, faces and silhouettes in strange and exotic places or locations with a certain mystique. Intoxicating, swooningly gorgeous and richly perfumed images with a curious sense of aloofness. An insouciant spirit in unfamiliar territories. Her scrapbook Across the Andes is a fine illustration of such characteristics.


(P.s. The beautiful photograph of an ocean with flying seagulls in my previous post is by Jenny Zarins as well.)
Photography for Toast:

2 comments:

EHWang said...

Wow... amazing photos
I'm always amazed by the southern American mountain range.

lune_blanc said...

What gorgeous photos! All of them are amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...