Monday 6 April 2009

Silent Woods


Jacqueline du Pre plays Silent Woods (Klid) opus 68 by Dvorak:




Seeli Toivio performs Silent Woods Live in Concert 28 Nov 2008. Conductor Nazanin Aghakhani, LaTempesta and visiting artists. Temple Church (Rock Church) Helsinki, Finland. SiperiaFilms Finland.




Another rendition by Yo-Yo Ma, Boston Symphony Orchestra and Seiji Ozawa, from the Smetana Concert Hall in Prague.




One of my favourite cello pieces. When I don't have those pricey concert tickets (for where one certainly gets the best sounds) I love to sit very close to the cellists--it can be hard for me to be near violinists for a long period of time, but the sound of cello really soothes and moves me. Instead of the cry of violins, the melancholy of cellos convey comes from a much deeper place. David says I'm old-schooled...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...