Friday 17 April 2009

Wilde & Bach (inspired by my previous post...)

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."
~Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist


"Just a Few Moments More", by Maleficent1 (Iretta Tiger). Taken at the Woodlawn Cemetery in Everett, Massachusetts, USA.

As a continuation to my previous entry on Bach's Goldberg Variations, I would like to introduce this delightful and intelligent video. A stop-motion puppet animation centred around and dedicated to Oscar Wilde's writing and life story, with music from The Goldberg Variations. (I do, however, recommend that you begin with the playlist of videos in my previous post.) I first came across this little gem several years ago on the webpage of my friend Maliciousness (who is a wonderful photographer). You can see a selection of Maliciousness's photographs on deviantART, her own website Iretta Tiger Photography, and MySpace.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be a flaneur here in Switzerland is quite a normal thing and not the exciting variation suggested by Baudelaire.

A recent conversation. (translated)

Why, what have you been doing today? You look so refreshed!

Oh, Je flanais, comme dab.

Yes, it is a very good day for it. What did you see?

I did not see much, but I had a wonderful chocolat at that place near the gare.

I think I know that place, they have those little cakes.

Yes, that is the place.

Poesis said...

And... so?

Anonymous said...

I noted that you described yourself as a flaneur. I presumed that you obtained the description from Baudelaire. I noted here that art can sometimes be an ordinary thing. Thus a response to And...so....

Poesis said...

I suppose art (or beauty, or anything indeed) can be as ordinary or as special a thing depending on the eyes seeing it.

lune_blanc said...

Oh I love this! You always intoduce me to great stuff, I favorited the video on YouTube :)

Anonymous said...

Yes. I think so. Have a good day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...