Friday 25 January 2013

Voice Poetry: my recording of "Self-embrace on Silk Prayer"


I have always loved hearing the sounds of poetry: reciting quietly to myself, listening to poetry recordings, and those lovely songs set to poems as well as lyrics composed for music. Being particularly drawn to, and as a firm believer in, the "poetic essence" in written words (and in all artistic mediums), I love reciting and hearing the sounds of many different literary genres, not restricted to poetry-this awakens in me the beautiful psychological state of "flow"...

Here is a recording I made the other day reciting my recent poem Self-embrace on Silk Prayer. It was my first attempt at recording my poetry. :-)


宋徽宗,欲借風霜二詩帖。
Huizong's poem and exquisite Dancing Crane/ Slender Gold calligraphy, 
Northern Song dynasty.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...