Saturday 8 September 2012

Polygon of Love


This inverted triangle begins
with luminosity
the pearl from Avalon.
Breaths of breathless love ceaselessly flirting,
seducing your Utopian stars,
extending thighs of sighs on the sides.
They die
in morning sunlight;
half awake, half asleep.
Over the stretched dome of skies,
a transparent line closes her air
atop
with the unseen, the unfelt:
a non-collinear,
unique plane
of pearlescent shadows.
Watercolours of a forgotten equinox
in Shambhala.

As the darkened tunnel leading to Utopian vertex
narrows and narrows
and narrows, to almost a disappearance
An Atlantis made of sea rocks with iridescent silver lights
glistening, shimmering, a little gloworm,
whence a flow of Klimt's golden liquid
releases,
vertigo ensues, pleasure remains,
tear stains and a ballet of smiles,
emeralds of burning Absinthe intensified with refined sugar.
(...hallucinations of two hearts...)

They crave ecstasy, distilled
and stilled with Orpheus' music.
I wish I knew the melodies,
what it felt like,
the tryst inside of me.

8' Sep' 2012


This new short poem of mine was inspired partially by the beautifully imaginative creations of jewellery artist Janet Theresa Miller -- her "Whispers of Atlantis" series. I think I must be obsessed with the collection as I cannot seem to get the exquisite imageries and forms out of my mind...


Nymphs Finding the Head of Orpheus, by John William Waterhouse

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Watercolors on a forgotten equinox in shambala...this is my favorite line...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...