Friday 12 November 2010

forgetting if, remember yes

Adolph de Meyer (American, born France, 1868–1949)
view through the window of a garden


in time of daffodils(who know
the goal of living is to grow)
forgetting why,remember how

in time of lilacs who proclaim
the aim of waking is to dream,
remember so(forgetting seem)

in time of roses(who amaze
our now and here with paradise)
forgetting if,remember yes

in time of all sweet things beyond
whatever mind may comprehend,
remember seek(forgetting find)

and in a mystery to be
(when time from time shall set us free)
forgetting me,remember me

~ edward estlin cummings




*Thank you Alain, for this thoughtful and exquisite poem by e.e. cummings. Thank you M♥, for Harmonic Progression of My Sorrow. And thank you Couleurs, for the two beautiful Adolph de Meyer photographs.


Adolph de Meyer (American, born France, 1868–1949)
view through a gateway into a garden

2 comments:

lune_blanc said...

What a beautiful post!
Amazing photographs, and I'll see if I can find a good Japanese translation of this wonderful poem online...

Poesis said...

Glad you like this post. :-)
e. e. cummings' poetry never ceases to amaze and move me... These days I find the "quiet" quality in his words to be especially appealing, like snow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...