Friday 22 January 2010

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright!
It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night
Like a rich jewel in an Ethiope's ear;
Beauty too rich for use, for earth too dear!
So shows a snowy dove trooping with crows,
As yonder lady o'er her fellows shows.
The measure done, I'll watch her place of stand,
And, touching hers, make blessed my rude hand.
Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight!
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.


~William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet: Act i, Scene v





Carlos Acosta and Tamara Rojo in the balcony pas de deux of Kenneth MacMillan's Romeo and Juliet, Royal Ballet, Covent Garden.




3 comments:

{Tara} said...

Beautiful! By the way, I have a question for you: would you be interested in participating in my Manifesto Project?? You came to mind because you have a very unique perspective and point of view.
http://nothing-elegant.blogspot.com/2010/01/blogger-manifesto-project-part-i.html

Cheers!
Tara

Anonymous said...

Your blog seems a garden - a delicate and mysterious garden designed in porcelain and crystal - that one finds in the middle of another garden.

Poesis said...

Thank you so much for your very kind comment, cs! It means a lot for me to receive feedbacks, especially one as poetic and as lovely as yours...

You also have a wonderful blog which I will make a point to visit often from now on. :)

Thank you again for stopping by and more importantly, for letting me know what you think of my little space.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...