Monday 12 October 2009

A Tulip for Irving

"I have always stood in awe of the camera, I recognize it for the instrument it is, part Stradivarius, part scalpel."

Irving Penn (June 16, 1917 – October 7, 2009), R. I. P.

Tulip, New York, 1967, by Irving Penn.

O, let me forever weep:
My eyes no more shall welcome sleep.
I'll hide me from the sight of day,
And sigh my soul away.
He's gone, his loss deplore,
And I shall never see him more.



Soprano: Nancy Argenta
Composer: Henry Purcell (1658/9-1695) , The Plaint, Z. 629, from Orpheus Britannicus, Vol. II (1692), from The Fairy Queen, No. 40, an operatic adaptation of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.

1 comment:

{Tara} said...

Penn was truly a compassionate, amazing artist with an eye for beauty...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...