Monday 6 April 2009

Rabindranath Tagore

Peace, my heart, let the time for the parting be sweet.
Let it not be a death but completeness.
Let love melt into memory and pain into songs.
Let the flight through the sky end in the folding of the wings over the nest.
Let the last touch of your hands be gentle like the flower of the night.
Stand still, O Beautiful End, for a moment, and say your last words in silence.
I bow to you and hold up my lamp to light you on your way.

(Excerpt from The Gardener)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves."

(From Stray Birds)

3 comments:

lune_blanc said...

Beautiful.....
Your blog is perhaps the best I've seen. Images, music, words, everything is in perfect harmony. I really love the first song on your playlist, if you can give me more info on it, I'd love to know :)

Poesis said...

Awww that is by far one of the nicest, sweetest things anyone has ever said to me! I'm going to cry some tears of joy now... Really appreciate you taking the time to read my blog, and HUGE thanks to you for making me the first (YAY!) on your "Favourite Blogs" - it is such a privilege and I am incredibly flattered, truly.

The first song is from Prokofiev's "10 Piano Pieces from Romeo and Juliet, Opus 75", and it's the music for the gorgeous balcony pas de deux (it touches my heart in such an inexplicable way every time I listen to it). I received the CD as a wedding present and have been in love ever since.

P.s. You can see all tracks in my music player here - http://www.mixpod.com/playlist/20405652 (I love my little pink singing bear. Just too kawaii isn't it?) :D xoxoxo

lune_blanc said...

You're VERY welcome.
Great! Now I can listen to your playlist while I do something else online.
I know, I have my little singing bear too, though I don't have it on my page. It's the cutest online music player ever lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...